In 1531, an Indian peasant came to the Bishop of Mexico City claiming that Mary had appeared to him and asked that a church be built at the site of the apparition, where a temple to the Aztec Mother Goddess once stood. When the Bishop asked for proof, the man returned with fragrant roses and a picture of the Lady emblazoned on his rough hewn cloak. Today the cloak hangs above the high altar of the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe. That image is reproduced here in loving detail, surrounded by arched cut mats in Crystal Marble and Olde Gold and framed with glass in sculptured antique gold. 28½ x 34½"